[OMPI users] prevent vampirTrace from linking to CUDA
Jack Stalnaker
2016-10-25 14:37:41 UTC
How do I prevent the build from linking to CUDA on linux? I've tried these

./configure --with-cuda=no --with-contrib-vt-flags='--with-cuda=no'

but to no avail. Every time, I have a link to libcudart and a link to
libcupti in the vt libs. Specifically, ldd shows a link in:

libvt-mt.so
libvt.so
libvt-hyb.so

Basically, I want openmpi's configuration to ignore completely that I have
cuda installed on this machine, because I'm trying to build a custom RPM.

Thanks.
Gilles Gouaillardet
2016-10-25 15:24:46 UTC
Jack,

It looks like a bug in vt configury

If you do not need vt, then you can configure with --disable-vt
(Fwiw, vt has been removed from Open MPI 2.0)

If you need vt, you might be lucky with
export with_cuda=no
configure ...

Cheers,