[OMPI users] configure in version 2.1.1 doesn't use some necessary LDFLAGS
Petr Hanousek
2017-07-10 15:52:35 UTC
Dear developers,
I am using for a long time the proved configure command:
./configure --with-verbs=/software/ofed-1.5.4
--prefix=/software/openmpi/2.1.1/gcc --enable-mpi-thread-multiple
--enable-shared --enable-mpi-cxx --enable-mpi-fortran

After switching our planning environment from Torque to PBSPro (because
it's free now) I now had to add "--with-tm=/usr" and
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lutil -lpbs -lcrypto" to be able
to configure the software successfully. Compilation then works fine. The
system I am using is Debian 8 stable in current state. Could you please
adjust the configure checks to reflect the situation?

Thnak you, Petr
Petr Hanousek e-mail: ***@cesnet.cz
User Support phone: +420 950 072 112
CESNET z.s.p.o. mobile: +420 606 665 139
location: Zikova 4, Praha room: 90a
Czech Republic
Gilles Gouaillardet
2017-07-10 23:53:17 UTC
Hi Petr,

thanks for the report.

could you please configure Open MPI with the previously working command line

and compress and post the generated config.log ?

Cheers,

Gilles
Dear developers,
Petr Hanousek
2017-07-11 11:14:58 UTC
OK, that's not a problem. I include two config logs, the first from
failed configure, the second one from successful one. I have to say that
I have been mistaken before, after trying some configuration attempts I
realized that only '-lpbs' detection should be fine to add.

I don't know why but suddenly no -Lpath need to be added in my setup and
also --with-tm can be without the path. The '-lutil' is detected OK and
'-lcrypto' will be the part of '-lpbs' in near future (bad linking in
our PBSPro instance).
Petr
Post by Gilles Gouaillardet
Hi Petr,
thanks for the report.
could you please configure Open MPI with the previously working command line
and compress and post the generated config.log ?
Cheers,
Gilles
Post by Petr Hanousek
Dear developers,
./configure --with-verbs=/software/ofed-1.5.4
--prefix=/software/openmpi/2.1.1/gcc --enable-mpi-thread-multiple
--enable-shared --enable-mpi-cxx --enable-mpi-fortran
After switching our planning environment from Torque to PBSPro (because
it's free now) I now had to add "--with-tm=/usr" and
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lutil -lpbs -lcrypto" to be able
to configure the software successfully. Compilation then works fine. The
system I am using is Debian 8 stable in current state. Could you please
adjust the configure checks to reflect the situation?
Thank you, Petr
Petr Hanousek e-mail: ***@cesnet.cz
User Support phone: +420 234 680 241