[OMPI users] 3.1.1 Bindings Change
Matt Thompson
2018-07-03 13:30:25 UTC
Dear Open MPI Gurus,

In the latest 3.1.1 announcement, I saw:

- Fix dummy variable names for the mpi and mpi_f08 Fortran bindings to
match the MPI standard. This may break applications which use
name-based parameters in Fortran which used our internal names
rather than those documented in the MPI standard.

Is there an example of this change somewhere (in the Git issues or another
place)? I don't think we have anything in our software that would be hit by
this (since we test/run our code with Intel MPI, MPT as well as Open MPI),
but I want to be sure we don't have some hidden #ifdef OPENMPI somewhere.

Matt
--
Matt Thompson
“The fact is, this is about us identifying what we do best and
Rampton
Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) via users
2018-07-04 11:38:16 UTC
Greetings Matt.

https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/commit/4d126c16fa82c64a9a4184bc77e967a502684f02 is the specific commit where the fixes came in.

Here's a little creative grepping that shows the APIs affected (there's also some callback function signatures that were fixed, too, but they're not as important):

$ git show 4d126c16fa82c64a9a4184bc77e967a502684f02 | fgrep '+subroutine MPI_' -i | sort | uniq
+subroutine MPI_Type_commit(datatype, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_delete_attr(datatype, type_keyval, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_delete_attr_f08(datatype,type_keyval,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_dup(datatype, newtype, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_dup(oldtype, newtype, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_dup_f08(datatype,newtype,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_extent(datatype, extent, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_free(datatype, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_attr(datatype, type_keyval, attribute_val, flag, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_attr_f08(datatype,type_keyval,attribute_val,flag,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_contents(datatype, max_integers, max_addresses, max_datatypes, array_of_integers, &
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_envelope(datatype, num_integers, num_addresses, num_datatypes, combiner&
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_extent(datatype, lb, extent, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_extent_x(datatype, lb, extent, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_name(datatype, type_name, resultlen, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_get_name_f08(datatype,type_name,resultlen,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_lb(datatype, lb, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_match_size(typeclass, size, datatype, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_match_size_f08(typeclass,size,datatype,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_set_attr(datatype, type_keyval, attr_val, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_set_attr_f08(datatype,type_keyval,attribute_val,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_set_name(datatype, type_name, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_set_name_f08(datatype,type_name,ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_size(datatype, size, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_size_x(datatype, size, ierror)
+subroutine MPI_Type_ub(datatype, ub, ierror)
Dear Open MPI Gurus,
***@cisco.com