[OMPI users] Verbose output for MPI
Maksym Planeta
2018-07-04 15:15:47 UTC
Hello,

I have troubles figuring out how can I configure verbose output
properly. There is a call to pmix_output_verbose in
opal/mca/pmix/pmix3x/pmix/src/mca/ptl/tcp/ptl_tcp.c in function try_connect:

pmix_output_verbose(2, pmix_ptl_base_framework.framework_output,
"pmix:tcp try connect to %s",
mca_ptl_tcp_component.super.uri);

I'm confident that the control flow goes through this function call,
because I see a log message from line 692:

PMIX ERROR: ERROR STRING NOT FOUND in file ptl_tcp.c at line 692

But my attempts to configure mca parameters properly failed.

Could you help me with the exact parameters to force the
pmix_output_verbose be active?
--
Regards,
Maksym Planeta
Nathan Hjelm via users
Maksym Planeta
2018-07-04 15:51:26 UTC
Thanks for quick response,

I tried this out and I do get more output:
https://pastebin.com/JkXAYdM4. But the line I need does not appear in
the output.
Post by Nathan Hjelm via users
--mca pmix_base_verbose 100
--
Regards,
Maksym Planeta
r***@open-mpi.org
2018-07-04 17:26:09 UTC
Try adding PMIX_MCA_ptl_base_verbose=10 to your environment
Maksym Planeta