[OMPI users] Trouble writing code for simple 2 node client-server CheckLatency using openMPI
John Bauman
2018-07-27 14:54:44 UTC
Hello everyone,

I just want to start off by saying I have no experience using mpi, so
please forgive me if some of what I say below doesn't make perfect sense...

I am trying to write a simple client-server application to measure latency
in an rdma cluster with mpi. I was able to write a tcp/ip socket latency
checker (CheckLatency.java), but I am having an issue doing something
similar using mpi. I seem to have the environment for mpi setup correctly,
but I am having trouble getting the mpi version to work.

Please let me know if more details are needed... any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

John
Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) via users
2018-07-30 21:27:46 UTC
Do you need to check it with Java, or will any MPI application do?

If any language will do, you might want to check out the OSU MPI benchmarks:

http://mvapich.cse.ohio-state.edu/benchmarks/
Post by John Bauman
Hello everyone,
I just want to start off by saying I have no experience using mpi, so please forgive me if some of what I say below doesn't make perfect sense...
I am trying to write a simple client-server application to measure latency in an rdma cluster with mpi. I was able to write a tcp/ip socket latency checker (CheckLatency.java), but I am having an issue doing something similar using mpi. I seem to have the environment for mpi setup correctly, but I am having trouble getting the mpi version to work.
Please let me know if more details are needed... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John
<ClientServerLatency.tgz>_______________________________________________
Jeff Squyres
***@cisco.com
John Bauman
2018-07-31 14:25:09 UTC
This got me on the right track - thank you.

Post by John Bauman
Please let me know if more details are needed... any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Post by John Bauman
Thanks,
John