[OMPI users] OpenMPI 3.0.1 and Power9
Steve Zehner
2018-04-10 17:08:18 UTC
Hello,

Does OpenMPI 3.0.1 run on IBM Power9 AC922?
One of the universities I work with is considering being in the IBM
Spectrum MPI 10.2 beta but wants to know if there is an open source
alternative.

I have reviewed the presentation from SC17
https://www.open-mpi.org/papers/sc-2017/

Sincerely,

Steve Zehner
Systems Architect
Office: 847-805-2098
Cell: 309-706-9931
e-mail: ***@us.ibm.com
Hammond, Simon David
2018-04-10 17:16:27 UTC
Steve,

We have been able to get OpenMPI 2.1 and 3.0 series working on our POWER9 systems. It is my understanding that the IBM offering has performance improvements over the open source variant. I would add the caveat we are still in fairly early testing of the platform.

S.

—
Si Hammond
Scalable Computer Architectures