[OMPI users] Cuda Aware open mpi 2.0 problem with Nvidia 375 and cuda-8.0 in Ubuntu 16.04
umashankar
2017-09-08 11:56:26 UTC

I have a successful installation of Nvidia drivers and cuda which is
confirmed by
"nvcc -V" and "nvidia-smi".

after configuring the openmpi with
"./configure --with-cuda --prefix=/home/umashankar/softwares/openmpi-2.0.3"

"make all install"

and after exporting paths ,

I ended up with an error as following

mpirun: /usr/local/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information
available (required by
/home/umashankar/softwares/openmpi-2.0.3/lib/libopen-pal.so.20)

tried to lookup online for the solution, but none of them helped me.
please have a look at this
https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy/issues/63
which suggests to edit the opencl headers and library path before make,
but i could not find where should i change.

By the way I have installed OpenCL through

sudo apt-get nvidia-opencl-dev
and
sudo apt-get install nvidia-opencl-icd-375

and the null point behaviour of "clinfo" gave me this

NULL platform behavior
clGetPlatformInfo(NULL, CL_PLATFORM_NAME, ...) No platform
clGetDeviceIDs(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, ...) No platform
clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [default] No platform
clCreateContext(NULL, ...) [other] Success [NV]
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU) No platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_GPU) No platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ACCELERATOR) No platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CUSTOM) No platform
clCreateContextFromType(NULL, CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL) No platform

So please can any one through some light on where i'm going wrong? is it
with Mpirun, or with opencl ?

thank you,
Umashankar