[OMPI users] ARM/Allinea DDT
Charles A Taylor
2018-04-11 18:54:16 UTC
Contacting ARM seems a bit difficult so I thought I would ask here. We rely on DDT for debugging but it doesn’t work with OpenMPI 3.x and I can’t find anything about them having plans to support it.

Anyone know if ARM DDT has plans to support newer versions of OpenMPI?

Charlie Taylor
UF Research Computing
r***@open-mpi.org

Charles A Taylor
2018-04-12 10:35:22 UTC
Understood. But since the OpenMPI versions in question are not listed as supported on the ARM/Allinea product page, I thought I’d ask if it is _supposed_ to work before bothering folks with details.

In the meantime, ARM/Allinea has responded so I’ll provide them with the details. But, in short, DDT can’t seem to attach to the 3.0 processes/ranks and just hangs trying. Using the same code, that doesn’t happen with OpenMPI 1.10.2 nor IntelMPI 5.1.1. This is under RHEL 7.4 and launching with srun under SLURM 16.05.11 (for those who want to know).

Thanks for the replies,

Charlie
2018-04-11 20:40:25 UTC
This inadvertently was sent directly to me, and Ryan asked if I could please post it on his behalf - he needs to get fully approved on the mailing list.

Ralph
Hello Charlie Taylor,
I have replied to your support ticket indicating that we do not claim to fully support OpenMPI 3.0, since we are still running tests ourselves to ensure everything works smoothly with DDT.
However, we will work with you to help identify the problems you are encountering, and to determine whether or not anything can be done at this time.
Please provide more detailed information in the support ticket you have open with us so that we can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Ryan Hulguin
Charles A Taylor