[OMPI users] how to specify OSHMEM component from Mellanox in configure
Juan A. Cordero Varelaq
2017-01-11 12:25:15 UTC

I have an directory in /opt/openshmem which contains software from
mellanox. Should I specify during OMPI installation (at the configure
step) where that directory is located? If yes, how? I have been looking
for a "--with-oshmem=<FOO>" but haven't found anything, as for instance
other Mellanox Software such as fca ("--with-fca=/opt/fca").

Thanks in advance
Gilles Gouaillardet
2017-01-11 12:49:10 UTC
Juan,

Open MPI has its own implementation of OpenSHMEM.
The Mellanox software is very likely yet an other implementation of
OpenSHMEM.

So you can consider these as independent libraries

Cheers,

Gilles

Hi,
Juan A. Cordero Varelaq
2017-01-11 12:54:52 UTC
Hi Gilles,

does it mean I should ignore it and run configure script without
specifying anything about OpenSHMEM?

From other hand, my cluster has Mellanox OFED, but the knem libraries
are not installed from the MXM OFED software. Instead, it was installed
from the original knem website. Should I specify the path to the knem
libraries in the configure script?

Thanks