[OMPI users] What happened to orte-submit resp. DVM?
Reuti
2018-08-26 11:52:12 UTC

Should orte-submit/ompi-submit still be available in 3.x.y? I can spot the source, but it's neither build, nor any man page included.

-- Reuti
Reuti
2018-08-28 20:38:13 UTC

-- Reuti
Ralph H Castain
2018-08-29 02:46:26 UTC
You must have some stale code because those tools no longer exist. Note that we are (gradually) replacing orte-dvm with PRRTE:

https://github.com/pmix/prrte <https://github.com/pmix/prrte>

See the “how-to” guides for PRRTE towards the bottom of this page: https://pmix.org/support/how-to/ <https://pmix.org/support/how-to/>

If you still want to use the orte-dvm tool in OMPI, then you start applications against it using the “prun” tool - works the same as in PRRTE

Ralph
Hi,
Reuti
2018-08-29 08:59:10 UTC
Post by Ralph H Castain
You must have some stale code because those tools no longer exist.
Aha. This code is then by accient still in 3.1.2:

$ find openmpi-3.1.2 -name "*submit*"
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/orted_submit.h
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/orted_submit.c
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/.deps/liborted_mpir_la-orted_submit.Plo

-- Reuti
Post by Ralph H Castain
https://github.com/pmix/prrte
See the “how-to” guides for PRRTE towards the bottom of this page: https://pmix.org/support/how-to/
If you still want to use the orte-dvm tool in OMPI, then you start applications against it using the “prun” tool - works the same as in PRRTE
Ralph
Hi,
Ralph H Castain
2018-08-29 12:09:45 UTC
Post by Reuti
Post by Ralph H Castain
You must have some stale code because those tools no longer exist.
$ find openmpi-3.1.2 -name "*submit*"
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/orted_submit.h
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/orted_submit.c
openmpi-3.1.2/orte/orted/.deps/liborted_mpir_la-orted_submit.Plo
No, that code is correct - but it isn’t a tool. It’s just some internal code we moved into a file of that name.
Post by Reuti
-- Reuti
Post by Ralph H Castain
https://github.com/pmix/prrte
See the “how-to” guides for PRRTE towards the bottom of this page: https://pmix.org/support/how-to/
If you still want to use the orte-dvm tool in OMPI, then you start applications against it using the “prun” tool - works the same as in PRRTE
Ralph
Hi,