[OMPI users] Install openmpi.2.0.2 with certain option
Andrey Shtyrov via users
2017-04-04 11:49:21 UTC
Dear openmpi communite,

I am need to install openmpi.2.0.2 on sistem with slurm, and cuda, without support it.

I have tried write ".configure  ... (--without-cuda or --enable-mca-no-build=cuda)"

but it havent solve my proble. What about switching off support of slurm,
i dont know what paramter would be wrotten.
What will advise about this proble?

And i will be glad if abbreviation of FOO would be decrypted.

Thank you for your help,
Shtyrov
r***@open-mpi.org

Gilles Gouaillardet
2017-04-05 00:09:49 UTC
Note that might not be enough if hwloc detects nvml.

unfortunatly, there are only workarounds available for this :

1) edit opal/mca/hwloc/hwloc*/configure.m4 and add

enable_nvml=no

for example after enable_xml=yes

note you need recent autotools, and re-run autogen.pl --force

2) build Open MPI with an external hwloc that was configure'd with
--disable-nvml

Cheers,

Gilles