[OMPI users] Asynchronous progress in 3.1
Palmer, Bruce J
2018-08-06 17:27:10 UTC

Is there anything that can be done to boost asynchronous progress for MPI RMA operations in OpenMPI 3.1? I'm trying to use the MPI RMA runtime in Global Arrays and it looks like the performance is pretty bad for some of our tests. I've seen similar results in other MPI implementations (e.g. Intel MPI) and it could be fixed by setting some environment variables to boost asynchronous progress. Is there something similar for Open MPI or can you use something like Casper?

Bruce
Nathan Hjelm via users
2018-08-06 18:28:53 UTC
It depends on the interconnect you are using. Some transports have async progress support but others do not.

-Nathan

Hi,