[OMPI users] Help
Corina Jeni Tudorache
2017-04-27 10:21:23 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to install Open MPI on Centos and I got stuck. I have installed an GNU compiler and after that I run the command: yum install openmpi-devel.x86_64. But when I run command mpi selector -- list I receive this error "mpi: command not found"
I am following the instruction from here: https://na-inet.jp/na/pccluster/centos_x86_64-en.html
Any help is much appreciated. J

Corina
g***@rist.or.jp

Corina
Corina Jeni Tudorache
2017-04-27 10:43:51 UTC
Yes, I write it wrong the previous e-mail, but actually it does not work. Gives the error message: mpi: command not found

Corina

2017-04-27 11:31:46 UTC
Well, i cannot make sense of this error message.

if the command is mpi-selector, the error message could be

mpi-selector: command not found

but this is not the error message you reported

what does

rpm -ql mpi-selector

reports ?

Cheers,

Gilles

2017-04-27 11:38:01 UTC
It says mpi-selector is not installed. And yes for the mpi-selector command, the error message is command not found.

C.

Corina
g***@rist.or.jp
2017-04-27 11:36:19 UTC
by the way, are you running CentOS 5 ?

it seems mpi-selector is no more available from CentOS 6

Cheers,

Gilles

2017-04-27 11:41:03 UTC
When I run command rpm --query centos-release, it shows the following: centos-release-7-3.1611.el7.centos.x86_64. So maybe I should install CentOS 5?

C.

Corina
g***@rist.or.jp
2017-04-27 11:50:09 UTC
Or you can replace the mpi-selector thing with

module load mpi/openmpi-x86_64

if it does not work,

module avail

and then

module load <the module name related to openmpi>

note this is per session, so you should do that each time you start a
new terminal or submit a job

Cheers,

Gilles

2017-04-27 18:05:54 UTC
Post by Corina Jeni Tudorache
Hello,
I am trying to install Open MPI on Centos and I got stuck. I have
installed an GNU compiler and after that I run the command: _yum install
openmpi-devel.x86_64. _But when I run command mpi selector –- list I
receive this error “mpi: command not found”
https://na-inet.jp/na/pccluster/centos_x86_64-en.html
Any help is much appreciated. J
Corina
You need to install openmpi.x86_64 also, not only openmpi-devel.x86_64.
That is the minimum.

I hope this helps,