[OMPI users] Errors when compiled with Cygwin MinGW gcc
Llelan D.
2017-09-08 00:38:06 UTC
Marco Atzeri
2017-09-08 11:06:30 UTC
Windows 10 64bit, Cygwin64, openmpi 1.10.7-1 (dev, c, c++, fortran),
x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc 6.3.0-1 (core, gcc, g++, fortran)
I am compiling the standard "hello_c.c" example with *mgicc* configured
$ export OMPI_CC=x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc
$ mpicc -idirafter /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/usr/include hello_c.c -o hello_c
For some unknown reason, I have to manually include the "usr/include"
directory to pick up the "mpi.h" header, and it must be searched after
the standard header directories to avoid "time_t" typedef conflicts. The
you can not mix cygwin dll's with mingw compilations.
They use different world paradigma
Llelan D.
2017-09-08 16:39:58 UTC
please reply in the mailing list
Oops! My apologies. I'm not used to a mailing list without the reply-to
set to the mailing list.
Can a version of open mpi be built using x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc so
that it will work with code compiled with x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc?
Not that I am aware
Now that's a problem. Many clients insist that, while you can use Cygwin
to develop and debug, you can only use a MinGW production version to
avoid license entanglements (Yes, I know that there is an explicit
exception to deal with this but the client lawyers just don't care).

I strongly suggest that, to make open-mpi useful in all arenas, both
Cygwin and Cygwin-MinGW versions be built and distributed through
Cygwin(64) to settle our persnickety clients (the majority <frown>).

Thank you for your help with my questions.