[OMPI users] Open MPI Java Error
Mota, Thyago
2017-02-08 17:01:08 UTC
I recently installed Open MPI and when I try to run mpirun I get the
following error:

ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Bad parameter in file orted/pmix/pmix_server.c at line 262

ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Bad parameter in file ess_hnp_module.c at line 666

It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is

likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can

fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or

environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;

here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an

Open MPI developer):

pmix server init failed

--> Returned value Bad parameter (-5) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
--
Mota, Thyago
Moravian College <http://www.moravian.edu/>
Graham, Nathaniel Richard
2017-02-08 17:40:03 UTC
?Hello Thyago,

What is your configure command? Do you know if you are using psm or psm2?

-Nathan

--
Nathaniel Graham
HPC-DES

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
2017-02-08 17:46:45 UTC
This may or may not be a Java-specific issue.

Are you able to run any Open MPI jobs at all?

Check out these FAQ items:

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#install-overwrite
https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path
https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#diagnose-multi-host-problems
***@cisco.com
Mota, Thyago
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 10:01 AM
--------------
It looks like orte_init failed for some reason; your parallel process is
likely to abort. There are many reasons that a parallel process can
fail during orte_init; some of which are due to configuration or
environment problems. This failure appears to be an internal failure;
here's some additional information (which may only be relevant to an
pmix server init failed
--> Returned value Bad parameter (-5) instead of ORTE_SUCCESS
--
Mota, Thyago
Moravian College
Mota, Thyago
***@moravian.edu
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Office: PPHAC 220
Phone: (610) 861-1403
Moravian College <http://www.moravian.edu/>
Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
2017-02-08 18:08:31 UTC
Post by Mota, Thyago
This error happens just by calling mpirun
Did you read / can you comment on the setups described in the FAQ items?

E.g., did you take care to not install a new version of Open MPI over a prior version? Did you take care to ensure that you are using the same version of Open MPI on all nodes?

...etc.
--
Jeff Squyres
***@cisco.com
Mota, Thyago

Mota, Thyago
2017-02-08 17:52:35 UTC
./configure --enable-mpi-java
--with-jdk-dir=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_121.jdk/Contents/Home/

What is psm?
------------------------------
Cabral, Matias A
2017-02-08 18:03:00 UTC
Hi Thyago,

psm is the user library to run with Intel TruScale cards.
psm2 is for Intel OmniPath.

There is a current problem in the libraries with OMPI java bindings:
https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=java#java_limitations

thanks,

_MAC

***@moravian.edu<mailto:***@moravian.edu>
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Office: PPHAC 220
Phone: (610) 861-1403<tel:%28610%29%20861-1403>
Moravian College<http://www.moravian.edu/>