[OMPI users] configure openmpi 2.0.x
James Kress
2017-08-28 22:29:58 UTC
I need to configure openmpi 2.0.x so the default does not require the
--allow-run-as-root to be specified with mpirun, i.e. execution of mpirun by
root is allowed by default.

I do not see any option in the configure file to do this.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

Jim Kress
Gilles Gouaillardet
2017-08-29 00:08:04 UTC
James,

there is no such a configure option, nor a MCA parameter you can set
in /.../etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf.

since it is strongly advised *not* to run as root, there might be no
plans to have this feature.

though i also strongly suggest you avoid running as root, but if this
is really what you need, you have the option of hacking
orte/rools/orterun/orterun.c and either comment out the euid test, or
initialize orterun_globals.run_as_root to true.
do it at your own risks !

Cheers,

Gilles
James Kress
2017-08-29 03:29:28 UTC
Gilles,

Thank you for your response. I understand and respect the cautions.

Jim