[OMPI users] OpenMPI 1.10.6 Firewall Problem on OS X 10.11.6
Chou, Jin
2017-05-02 16:09:33 UTC
I have an application that was built and ran with OpenMPI 1.7.5 on Mac OS X 10.11.6 without problems. I just switched to OpenMPI 1.10.6 and built the application. It built without problems. However, when I ran it (I just want to run on my machine) like the following
~/OpenMPIPrj/imports/lib/openmpi/1.10.6/bin/mpirun -np 4 ./myapp
It gives the following errors 4 times.

A process or daemon was unable to complete a TCP connection
to another process:
Local host: mymacname
Remote host: xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
This is usually caused by a firewall on the remote host. Please
check that any firewall (e.g., iptables) has been disabled and
try again.
The xx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the ip address of my Mac.

I checked my Mac. The sys prefs->Security->Firewall. It says Firewall::Off. And I can run
~/OpenMPIPrj/imports/lib/openmpi/1.10.6/bin/mpirun -np 4 uname –n
without problems.