[OMPI users] Open MPI installation error
Konstantinos Konstantinidis
2017-06-09 03:30:44 UTC
Hello,
I am trying to install Open MPI on four Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS machines on
Amazon EC2.

So at every machine:

After extracting the .tar.gz and going into that directory I give the
commands:

$./configure --prefix=$HOME/openmpi --enable-mpi-cxx 2>&1 | tee config.out
$make all 2>&1 | tee make.out

but at this point I get the following errors:

Making clean in romio
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/ubuntu/openmpi-2.1.1/
ompi/mca/io/romio314/romio'
/bin/bash: line 24: clean-am: command not found
Makefile:4384: recipe for target 'clean-recursive' failed
make[3]: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/openmpi-2.1.1/
ompi/mca/io/romio314/romio'
Makefile:1932: recipe for target 'clean-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/openmpi-2.1.1/ompi/mca/io/romio314'
Makefile:3353: recipe for target 'clean-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ubuntu/openmpi-2.1.1/ompi'
Makefile:1806: recipe for target 'clean-recursive' failed
make: *** [clean-recursive] Error 1

Please note that I have already installed the basic required packages i.e.
make and g++. Ι did not keep the initial output files from configure and
make but since I deleted the folder and repeated the commands. But I am
attaching the whole output from these commands to this email from my second
attempt. This time I did not have the same output which seems strange and I
cannot see any errors. Do you think it's OK now? I am not very familiar
with Linux and makefiles. Also, for my 2nd attempt I simply deleted the
folder, nothing else.

Thanks,
Kostas Konstantinidis